Main Menu

What's ur favorite moment in the seerah?

Started by Jannah, April 08, 2007, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannah

salaam,

Sorry for being so late in putting this forum up. I meant to have it up all Rabbial Awwal... ahh well.

So today in a halaqah we were asked about what quality we most related to of the prophet  [saw] and I started thinking about the seerah and what my favorite story/hadith/point was. I know it's like the hardest question in the world!!!

Anyone want to start off?  [cute]

sofia

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
:-*
Ok so, are you asking about what we relate to most? Or favorite part of seerah?
Because if it's the former, I wish I could say I have one of his qualities. So hard to answer! Umm, I love honey...?

If it's the latter, I have tons. I'll start with this one (everytime I hear it, I wonder how I would have reacted):

Narrated Anas, rA: "I was walking with the Messenger of Allah (saws), and he was wearing a Najraanee cloak with a rough collar. A Bedouin came and seized him roughly by the edge of his cloak, and I saw the marks left on his neck by the collar. Then the Bedouin ordered him to give him some of the wealth of Allaah that he had. The Prophet (saws) turned to him and smiled, then ordered that he should be given something."(Agreed upon. Fath al-Baaree, 10/375)

Talk about anger management.   [mashallahsister]
"So glorify Him when you reach the evening and when you rise in the morning. And His are all praises in the heavens and the earth, in the afternoon and when the day begins to decline." [Qur'aan, The Romans 30:17-18]

shussein

salaamz  [sis]

one of my favorite parts of seerah is the farewell sermon of nabi saw. It's like a moment that is so sad yet so beautiful.

and only last night we related to this story too... My husband and i were talking randomly about the government, corruption and stuff. we are living in a developing country and it's so clear that instead of creating an efficient system, they prefer having a fat bureaucracy cuz it brings more money straight to their own pockets. saving money time and energy on individual levels for the sake of saving them on national levels so that everybody can enjoy the benefits, is not their concern

we were just thinking of how people care more about their immediate wants and needs and rarely think of the big picture involving other people, the next generations.. etc..

it just got me thinking of the last sermon when nabi Saw adviced us to be kind, to treat each other as brothers and sisters. thought that such simple attitude can really go a long way and might be the solution of the world's problems like poverty, environment problems etc. if only people would want for their brothers and sisters in islam what they want for themselves....

Jannah

salams,

ohhh a lot of ppl actually mentioned that hadith in the halaqa sofia... it was surprising and we talked about the difference between hilm and sabr and said the prophet [saw] exemplified both. they said sabr is when something happens to you and you can't really do anything about it so you practice sabr and hilm is when something happens to you and you're in the position or authority to do something about it... like rasulullah would have been in his right to say something or get away from the man but he never used his authority like that.

shussein i totally love the farewell sermon... every khateeb in the world should just give it again... so beautiful

muhsen

Quote from: shussein on April 09, 2007, 03:27:19 AM
salaamz  [sis]

one of my favorite parts of seerah is the farewell sermon of nabi saw. It's like a moment that is so sad yet so beautiful.

and only last night we related to this story too... My husband and i were talking randomly about the government, corruption and stuff. we are living in a developing country and it's so clear that instead of creating an efficient system, they prefer having a fat bureaucracy cuz it brings more money straight to their own pockets. saving money time and energy on individual levels for the sake of saving them on national levels so that everybody can enjoy the benefits, is not their concern

we were just thinking of how people care more about their immediate wants and needs and rarely think of the big picture involving other people, the next generations.. etc..

it just got me thinking of the last sermon when nabi Saw adviced us to be kind, to treat each other as brothers and sisters. thought that such simple attitude can really go a long way and might be the solution of the world's problems like poverty, environment problems etc. if only people would want for their brothers and sisters in islam what they want for themselves....

[wlm]
That is good reminds...JazzakallahuKhayr...
This is  diffucult to practice in life, if goes earnestly..
[slm]

sofia

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
That's an excellent learning point, hilm versus sabr (hook a sister up, when are these halaqahs?).   ;)

Another favorite is the defining moment of his prophethood. Given the option to give up the message for all the goods  in this world or continue on and be persecuted, he opted for delivering the message. Wasn't really an option, though, given that it was a commandment from God. The beloved uncle of Prophet Muhammad (saws), Abu Talib, knew the lengths the Quraish could go, and requested the Prophet (pbuh) to abandon his mission, but the Prophet calmly replied,

"O my uncle, if they placed the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left, to force me to renounce my work, verily I would not desist thereform until Allah made manifest His cause, or I perished in the attempt." (Bukhaari/Muslim)
"So glorify Him when you reach the evening and when you rise in the morning. And His are all praises in the heavens and the earth, in the afternoon and when the day begins to decline." [Qur'aan, The Romans 30:17-18]

shussein

[jazaks] jannah n muhsen

n jannah i just browsed this board, it's great! i love seerah nabawiyah, looking forward to read the whole thing, thanks for putting it together!

M.F.

[slm]
One of my favorite parts of the seerah, just a blink actually, is when one of the Sahabah recounts walking one night when the moon was full, and he saw Rasulullah  [saw] walking towards him.  He kept looking at the full moon and looking at the Prophet's face (I just imagine him looking up, then looking at Rasulullah) and he later said that the Prophet's face was more beautiful than the moon.
Another one that makes me love him  [saw] is when Aisha  [anha] had her menses I believe, and she drank from a cup, then the Nabi  [saw] took it and turned it until his lips were on the part she'd drunk out of and drank after her.
I also love that my husband remembers it and does it sometimes.

mujahada

[bismillah]

His reaction to Ta'if... [saw]

اللهم إليك أشكو ضعف قوتي وقلة حيلتي وهواني على الناس
ياأرحم الراحمين أنت أرحم الراحمين
أنت رب المستضعفين وأنت ربي
إلى من تكلني إلى عدو يتجهمني أم إلى صديق مكلته إمري
إن لم يكن بك غضب علي فلا أبالي ولكن عافيتك هي أوسع لي
أعوذ بنور وجهك الذي أضاءت له السموات و الأرض
وأشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه أمر الدنيا والأخره
أن ينزل بي غضبك أو يحل علي سخطك
لك العتبى حتى ترضى ولاحول ولاقوة إلابك

(note a few errors in Arabic above)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English translation and the essence
of the Arabic supplication of the Prophet

Oh, Allah, I appeal to you for the weakness in my strength,
and my limited power,
and the treatment of contempt and humiliation from people.
To you, the most Merciful of all the Merciful ones,
you are the Lord of the oppressed, and you are my Lord

Under whose care are you leaving me to?
To an enemy oppressing me?
Or to a friend you have given control of my affair?
If there is no anger from you on me I will forever be content.
However, your blessing is vastly important for me

I seek refuge with the glory of your light,
which the heavens and earth are lit form,
your anger will not befall on me,
nor your displeasure descends on me

To you is the supplication until you are pleased,
and there is no control or power except by you

BrKhalid

Asalaamu Alaikum [beardbro]

They say that people always remember where they were when they found out that JFK had been assassinated.

If so, I would call the following a JFK Hadith since I will always remember where I was when I first read it:

A'isha reported that when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) occupied himself in prayer, he observed such a (long) qiylm (posture of standing in prayer) that his feet were swollen.

A'isha said: Allah's Messenger you do this (in spite of the fact) that your earlier and later sins have been pardoned for you?

Thereupon, he said. A'isha should I not prove myself to be a thanksgiving servant (of Allah)?

[Muslim]
[/b][/i]

InshaAllah, may we all have the opportunity to meet the best of creation in the Hereafter.
"The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend" [41:34][/b]

Nur_al_Layl

[slm]
Mujahada touched on it...But that moment in Taif breaks my heart over and over again when I read it. I am really inspired by the Rasul's  [saw]  humanity; the fact that he suffered (and illustrated dignity); but his suffering brings me closer to him. It makes me feel like it's okay to hurt, to question, to falter; because he wasn't super human and his courage stemmed from the same eternal source accessible to all of us.

that duah is so helpless, so succinct, so gorgeous.

Sigh...I miss him :(

[wlm]

se7en

as salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I think one of my favorite moments in history is Fathu Makkah... Rasulullah [saw] returning to his home, 10,000 men behind him, able to dish out vengeance, finally, for the years of suffering, humiliation, bloodshed, hurt and harm committed against him and everyone that he loved... he had all that power in his hands, and he could have dealt it with such force, letting loose all the anger and pain he felt back on the very people who hurt him so much.... and instead.......... mercy.... forgiveness... 'Whoever enters the house of Abu Sufyan is safe. Whoever locks his door is safe. Whoever enters the mosque is safe...'

---
On the morning of Friday, 20 Ramadan, 8 A.H., the Messenger (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah entered Makkah with his head bowed. When he realised the honour of the conquest Allah had bestowed upon him, he felt so humble before Allah that his chin almost touched the back of his camel. He was reciting Surat al-Fath as he rode into Makkah in victory.... Behind him rode Usamah ibn Zayd, the son of his freed slave, rather than any sons of the Banu Hashim or of the Quraysh leaders, even though they were present.

One man, trembling with awe on this Day of the Conquest, was told, 'Be at ease. Do not be afraid. I am not a king. I am only the son of a woman of the Quraysh who used to eat meat dried in the sun.'

When Sa'd ibn 'Ubadah in the squadron of the Ansar passed by Abu Sufyan he called out, 'Today is a day of slaughter! Today there is no more sanctuary. Today Allah has humbled the Quraysh.'

When the Messenger (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah's squadron came near Abu Sufyan, he complained; 'Messenger of Allah, did you not hear what Sa'd said?'

'What was that' said the Messenger (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah, and Abu Sufyan repeated what Sa'd had called out.

The Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah disliked Sa'd's comments and replied, 'Today is a day of mercy and forgiveness, when Allah will exalt the Quraysh and raise honour for the Ka'bah.'

---

---from http://alislaah3.tripod.com/alislaah/id15.html

How can someone do that?  What kind of person could do that?  only him, salAllahu alayhi wa salam.... 

[saw] [saw] [saw]

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview