Main Menu

Watch some of the ISNA sessions if you missed it!!

Started by Jannah, September 04, 2007, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannah

Salaam,

ME BACK!!!

You can watch all the main sessions from this past weekend at this link:

http://www.isna.net/conferences/annualconvention2007/ACWebcast.html

The main session from Saturday Night is a must see:

8:15 – 10:30 p.m. Session 7A: Upholding Faith, Serving Humanity Hall A
This session aims to address the main theme of the convention. Our duty as Muslims is to represent the true meaning of Islam while. By reaching out to the broader community we serve not only the underprivileged and underrepresented but also revitalize our souls through action. As tensions continue to increase throughout the world, we as North American Muslims have a unique opportunity rarely found elsewhere to serve our community with assurances of security and freedom. Using the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) (may peace be upon him) as our shining example, this session aims –through diverse, informed, and unique speakers - to motivate, inspire, and move us beyond mere words and rhetoric, to truly living a way of life dedicated to serving God by serving humanity.

Speakers: Ingrid Mattson, Siraj Wahhaj, Zaid Shakir, Hamza Yusuf, Keith Ellison , Abdalla Idris Ali, Asma Mirza, Zaki Barzinji
Moderator: Altaf Husain

All of the sectarianism that we see in the Muslim world we know has nothing to do with our religion .... Sectarianism is something that Allah (SWT) and his messengers have despised... Hold together to the rope of God... that says that we are brothers. And lets not allow this sectarian poison to come into the American Muslim community.... The people from Al-Maghrib Institute and the Zaytuna institute, let's put our hands together in an American Islam that recognizes diversity... and if we're not about this were harming our religion, we're harming our faith, and in the end we're disgracing our messenger who came as a mercy to all of mankind.
    - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Jannah

W'salaam,

BTW I took a ton of pictures so if anyone knows me in person and wants to see them then message me inshaAllah and i'll send u the link!!!

ws
[hotpinkhijabi]

Jannah

wsalaam wrt,

jazakallah khair for those links mujahideenryder!!

here's one thats embedded: if you watch at 25 seconds and all throughout it pans to the row where me and my friends are so many times lol.. just look for the girls on the left waving crazily to the camera ;)

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6621966337406835400&hl=en"%20flashvars=""

halfway_there_lisa

[slms] How do you open the videos? I went to the link and click on the blue link with the title of the presentation. All that happened for me was a blank window opened  ???

halfway_there_lisa

Quote from: Jannah on September 07, 2007, 02:47:09 AM
wsalaam wrt,

jazakallah khair for those links mujahideenryder!!

here's one thats embedded: if you watch at 25 seconds and all throughout it pans to the row where me and my friends are so many times lol.. just look for the girls on the left waving crazily to the camera ;)

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6621966337406835400&hl=en"%20flashvars=""

[slms] [jzk]
Wow this is an amazing speech. I wish that could be broadcasted on CNN instead of attrociously truncated speech of Bin Laden. This speech would benefit America 100 billion times then all that other nonsense. May Allah  [swt] reward this speaker for his excellence work to help the Ummah. I went to the ISNA conference in Canada but I did not hear any one like this...however, I was babysitting the children most of the time anyways :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview