Main Menu

Comments on Ramadan Diaries 1428/2007...

Started by Jannah, September 09, 2007, 07:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannah

Assalaam alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Please post your comments on the diaries people post here!!

tq

Assalamo elikuim

Congratualtions on being on your own and all the new good firsts
Looks like so far you have done a great job.
May Allah swt make you achieve all your aims for this ramadan , Ameen

Jazak Allah khair for the interesting dairy entry.
Wasalam
tq

Halima

Quote1st Ramadan in my new house
1st Ramadan in my new work place
1st Ramadan when I have a masjid 5 minutes walk from home.
And last but not least....
1st anniversary of my hubby coming to the UK

This year I can't rely on my mother waking me up for suhoor, I set 2 alarms just to make sure we woke up. Slept through the first got up for second Alhamdulillah.

[msh] Sis Baji!

Must be an exciting time for you and a special way to start Ramadan on your own.

What a special way to bless a new house but with the start of Ramadan in it.  New work place with a new sitting arrangement that will give you the opportunity to demonstrate what it entails to be a Muslim and especially during Ramadan.  A closer Masjid which enables you to enjoy Taraweh fully.

May you and your husband receive the blessings of  [allh] [swt]  in this blessed month and always.    [ameen]

[wlm]

Halima
The Almighty Allah says,
"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Huraira

ummmuneeb

[slm] MashaAllah this article is beautifull  Jazakallah khair .May Allah(SWT) give you and us more knowledge of Deen [ameen] with lots of duaas ummmuneeb

BrKhalid

Asalaamu Alaikum [beardbro]

Quote...its good as all know it is Ramadan and ask lots of questions so good chance to let them know all about it and the teachings behind our fasting

Isn't amazing how many non Muslims are interested in the *act* of fasting. As you said though, the month is a great opportunity for us to explain the meanings behind our actions

QuoteHope and pray that we are all able to obtain the maximum blessings during this blessed month inshaAllah

Ameen to the duas and congrats on being the first to complete their diary this year. [beardbro]
"The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend" [41:34][/b]

BrKhalid

Quote...a month to use as an opportunity to do away with some of our excesses so that after ramadan we wud be better than we were before Ramadan..

Ramadhan probably really shows us how excessive we are and how few things we really do need to get by in the world.

I think this has to be our first diary from Nigeria!!
"The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend" [41:34][/b]

Jannah

Salaams guys,

Thanks for the diaries so far, but they're so short!!! And they don't give us an idea of where you guys live and what traditions and things go on in that area?!! And I know y'all are living in cool, exotic places so tell us more!!! :) Just pretend CNN ornational geographic came to you and wanted you to present a report of how ramadan is for you..so what would you tell them!!

ws

ps you can read some of last year's to get an idea on how to write on those things

BrKhalid

QuoteIt's nice to suddenly be able to give up all worldly matters and just sit back and read more Quran and Hadith throughout the day in no fear of what the wordly demands are

Absolutely!! Where are you? I'm coming over right now!! [beardbro]

QuoteWell, the Sohoor Wars actually ended a long time ago

Shouldn't that be a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away....? ;)

JustOne

[slm]

Nafs... your entry really spoke to me.  I hope inshaAllah that this Ramadan is full of barakah for you and that you are able to reconcile yourself-- perhaps the hardest thing humans have to do. 

And I pray that through the blessings of this month, you and your mother resolve your issues, whatever they may be. 

Wasalaam.
"Thus let me live, unseen, unknown; thus unlamented let me die...and not a soul tell where I lie."

Humbling the vertical pronoun.

Jannah

assalaam alaikum!!

Baji: For Eid bring in some baklava or something co-workers LOVE it when u do that and its good dawah too :)

Maryam: That's nice about the fruits! I don't think I've eaten any yet this ramadan!

BowofHaq: Jazaks yes I do believe many doctors say the kind of fasting Muslims do is very very healthy and over time if people have a habit of fasting like mondays/thursdays etc is really good too.

Nafs: Sister you really need to wake up for suhoor and eat a really healthy meal then. Rasulullah [saw] said there is blessing in it and there really is. InshaAllah you'll get better soon.

Sundoc: That's so nice you're having iftar at home with your family! That's something I really miss now that we're all "grown up" and spread across several continents! The shaikh's story is so beautiful ma'shallah. May we all walk in his [saw]'s footsteps. Ameen.

Jannah

wsalam,

btw with the reminders i'm typing up basically they are tafseer on certain verses that are read during the taraweeh that night. do you guys want me to add the exact verse number, or put the Arabic, or put the whole verse or is it fine as a commentary reminder type thing. Maybe it's better not to have all the citations.

BrKhalid

QuoteSmall gestures can make the biggest differences. Sometimes we forget how the smallest thing can make some people so happy

How true in this hustle bustle world of ours nowadays.

Thanks for posting your reflections Sr Nafs and inshaAllah the remainder of Ramadhan will provide some resolutions for you.

Nafs

[slm]

I have this weird habit of not liking to read  what I write ... and now I am hoping I didn't sound too selfish ...

Jannah sis ... I am not sure where but somewhere I read this health article about how fasting helped with certain illnesses and etc.  ... kind of ... and as soon as I find it again I'll post it here as well Inshallah (I think it was on another forum or something??) Anyways I am trying Inshallah :)

Br Khalid, Walaikum Asalaam, thanks for reading through my nonsense! I pray that Allah tala guides us and helps provide resolutions for all of those struggling Inshallah.

Walaikum Asalaam Sundoc, I am touched! Your dua was beautiful as is every dua ... and Illahi Ameen... may Allah subhanna wata Ala bless the Ummah and bring peace to it Inshallah. I am lost for words.

I hope everyone's ramadhan is going well Inshallah. May we be blessed endless and realize before its too late Inshallah ...

[wlm]

ummmuneeb

[slms] Hope this message of mine finds all of you in then best of health best of ramadan spirits and strong Imaan Ameen. i just want to say that daily i was reading ramadan diaries of each day but today when i opened my computer i couldnt see .with lots of duaas ummmuneeb

BrKhalid

QuoteThen the final 10 days will Inshallah be in Itikhaaf.

The only true way to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadhan if one gets the chance!!

InshaAllah you'll get to practice this particular Sunnah Brother [beardbro]

Nafs

[slm]

SubhanAllah, I felt like I could hear the canon blast off followed by the beautiful sounds of azaan.

Br. Khalid, you were able to shine light on important things and so nicely put as well... Mashallah! I absolutely loved the way you linked the past to the present with a flashback.

Honestly I am lost for words, but Alhamdulillah a stimulating reminder along the journey of trials, the next key is remembrance Inshallah.

Jannah

Salams,

I sort of made up some titles for the diaries that were posted. Feel free to change them just include a 'where' maybe so we can get an idea!

BrKhalid ...but why weren't u picked?? That's really sad people increase the prices in ramadan?! I mean it'll only come back to themselves when they try to go out and by their own food and other stuff! Just causes rampant inflation!!

I remember walking in the street at iftar time in a Muslm country.. the image of the deserted ghost town of the wild west comes to mind with tumble weed rolling by lol

Remembrance of Death & the Afterlife... sigh love that book it's sooo powerful.

jazakallah for writing!!
ws

JustOne

[slm]

Brother Khalid.. that was a scary analogy.  I too remember not being picked once, and it was the WORST feeling in the world.  That was definitely a wow moment.

Sr. Rabiya... you write so well for someone so young mashaAllah.  (9th grade right?). 

Thank you everyone... for sharing your Ramadan thoughts.. they're very inspiring.

Wasalaam.
"Thus let me live, unseen, unknown; thus unlamented let me die...and not a soul tell where I lie."

Jannah

wsalaam,

That was wonderful Kathy!! Congratulations on your anniversary!! 20 years amazing. I always wonder how converts feel looking back many years later. Alhamdulillah your life has been one of khair and benefit to the community and I for one am so happy that you came to Islam so long ago. :)

May Allah bless you and keep you the next 20 years inshaAllah!! :)

wsalaam wrt

JustOne

Siham

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

Dear Sr. Kathy,

Jazak`Allah Khayr for writing a diary this year:.. masha`Allah it's always a pleasure to read one of your entries (I'm sure others feel the same way as well:)

May Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala) the Merciful bring more blessings to you and your family through this Ramadan and beyond.

Your sister,
Siham.
"You talk about loving God while you disobey Him; I swear by my life that this is something very strange. If you were truthful in your love, you would obey Him, for a lover obeys whom he loves." (Rabi`a al-Adawiyya)

Nafs

[slm]

Like usual I can't express myself well in words, but the feelings that have overcome me ... SubhanAllah. For some reason it still hasn't hit me that 20 days has passed by and I am starting to panic now ... *breathes*

Mubarak Sr. Kathy and I agree with Siham it was a pleasure reading :) and of course what we constantly need is to realize.

Faizah sis we are blessed Alhamdulillah, may we always remember that Inshallah.

Lala marcy, Your right we need to put energy in to get a special feeling and not expect it to just fall upon us.

Salaampeaceshalom, I haven't seen you around for awhile, it's good to see you and your husband are doing well Inshallah. Its odd how sometimes just a few miles away the world is so different.

Nasouba, May you as well as everyone else be successful in the tasks they undertake Inshallah.

And Ameen to everyone elses duas as well

Jannah

salaam,

just catching up on the diaries..

lala dang that food looks good... i would have waited for exact sundown and made a dive for it lol

totally agree with this
QuoteRamadan is supposed to give us this 'special' feeling. But this feeling only becomes what it is when we put energy into it.
if you don't make the effort ramadan doesn't give you anything back, but if u do it's like the blessings return tenfold!! (more on this weird equation when i write mine ia!)

salaampeaceshalom that sux about moving to a small town... maybe you can plan some trips to the 'big city' for like the 27th night and for eid so you can feel part of a community.

nassiba that's awesome u had a schedule but i didn't hear what it was!! it might help some of us to see an example

k thanx for sharing y'all :)

ws