Main Menu

Have you *felt it* yet?

Started by M.F., October 09, 2007, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.F.

Assalamu alaikum
Sorry to have been MIA for so long, but it has been a rather rocky year.  Al hamdu lillah things have smoothed out now.  I'm on the board reading quite often but it's hard for me to post.
Have you felt Laylat ul Qadr this year?  Some friends of mine felt it last night (it was the 27th in most of the world, 26th in Morocco).  What do you feel?  How can you tell?
I'm kind of out of the loop as far as Ibadah this year because I have a very active 1 year old who's ALL over the place and doesn't sleep until I do, not to mention his 4 year old brother.  It seems as though my toddler has some sort of radar, he always wakes up when I'm in the middle of prayer.   Last night he slept quite early and somewhat soundly, I think it was the salaam from laylatul qadr  :D

nuh

Jannah

wsalaam,

I felt like it was last night too!! We did qiyaam in our mosque on the 25th too, but last night there was like more of a peaceful spiritual feeling and then the sky was this awesome pink/red color with a little crescent :)

in any case may Allah accept from all of us inshallah :)

ps m.f. don't worry soon they'll be big enough to bring or at least drop off at the grandparents ;)

pss that was a cute video!!

BrKhalid

Asalaamu Alaikum  [beardbro]

Allah knows best MF, but my brother called me the day after the 27th night from London saying he thought it was that night given the feeling on the night and the sun the morning after.

Both my wife and I tended to agree given similar observances here in Sharjah.

Whether it was or not probably doesn't matter as much as the effort we all try and make in these last remaining days and nights of Ramadhan.

"The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend" [41:34][/b]

AbdulBasir

Quote from: BrKhalid on October 10, 2007, 05:08:29 AM
Whether it was or not probably doesn't matter as much as the effort we all try and make in these last remaining days and nights of Ramadhan.

Well said. I think at times we can project our longing for it to be Laylat-ul-Qadr on the specific night where we especially attempt to find it, even if it is not necessarily the night in reality. But as you said it's the effort that matters more.

I also "felt" it on the night of the 27th. What struck me most during the night was the absolute stillness in the last third. We were praying Qiyaam and it was so quiet that apart from the Imam's recitation, the only thing you heard were the crickets from outside chirping (which we usually don't hear from inside).

And I think what really made me feel something was right before Fajr as everyone waited for the salah in silence. Some aura in the congregation, as if all the hearts were resonating! I was having flashbacks to the Haramayn! :)

[slm]
"Be in the estimation of Allah the best of people, and in the estimation of your nafs the worst of people, and in the estimation of others a man from amongst the people"-Sayiddina Ali bin Abi Talib

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview